Is a 3 year post graduation course in a given specialty of dentistry. At present the college offers Master’s Degree in the specialty departments of
- Oral Medicine & Radiology (4 seats),
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (2 seats),
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics (6 seats)
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics (5 seats).
- Prosthodontics including crown and bridge (2 seats),
- Public Health Dentistry (2 seats)
- Periodontics (2 seats)
During the course period the candidate will undergo extensive training in the specialty which includes seminars, journal review meetings, symposia, conferences, case presentation, pre-clinical exercises, clinics and didactic lectures during each year as designed by the department and university. The training programme also includes research activity.
Each student will be assessed periodically by the concerned department and progress is evaluated. The university examination will be conducted at the end of three years after the candidate fulfils the criteria laid down by the university, which includes the required attendance, progress of the candidate during the three years and submission of dissertation. Examination will be conducted by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, which comprises written theory exams, practicals and viva voce