Our institution places a high priority on research to transform new knowledge into clinical therapies that positively impact our understanding of oral disease and advance patient care.
Completed Research Projects:2006 till date:
- Bite Force Evaluation In Patients Treated With Titanium Conventional Plating System And Titanium Locking Plating System For Mandibular Fractures.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Enriched Autograft, Xenograft in Implant Surgery: A Clinical and Radiological Evaluation.
- The Influence of Stress Distribution In Four Different Fixation Systems Used In The Treatment Of Mandibular Angle Fractures – A 3 Dimensional Finite Element Study.
- A Comparative Study of Cryosurgery and CO2 Laser Surgery In The Treatment Of Oral Pre-Malignant Lesions.
- Tissue Response to Stainless Steel and Titanium Mini Plates Used In Maxillofacial Trauma – A Transmission Electron Microscopic Study.
- Alveolar Distraction Osteogenesis – Analysis of 10 Cases.
- Effect of Nicotine on Bone Healing in Rats – A Histological Study.
- Effect of Botulinum Toxin – A, in Mysofascial Pain Patients with or without Functional Disc Displacement.
- Healing pattern of Bone Regeneration in Maxillary Sinus Lift Procedure with and without Platelet Rich Plasma in Rabbits – A Histochemical and Histomorphometric Study.
- Reliability Of Cone Beam Computed Tomography In Comparison With Panoramic Radiography In Evaluating The Anatomical Relationship Of Inferior Alveolar Nerve With The Mandibular Third Molar – A Radiological And Clinical Study.
- Qualitative And Quantitative Analysis Of Bone Formation In The Peri-Implant Defects Grafted With Polycaprolactone (PCL) Alloplast Enriched With Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) – A Clinical And Radiological Study.
- Comparison of Analgesic Efficacy of Tramadol and Tapentadol in Impacted Mandibular Third Molar Surgery – A Randomized Double Blinded Clinical Study.
Ongoing Research Projects:
- A Comparative Clinical And Radiological Analysis To Correlate With Bone Density And Primary Implant Stability Using Cone Beam Computerized Tomography And Insertion Torque.
- A Comparative Evaluation Of Wound Healing And Bone Formation In Impacted Mandibular Third Molar Sockets With Or Without Platelet Rich Fibrin With 2% Metronidazole (A Clinico-Radiographic Study)
- Comparative Evaluation Of Efficacy Of Platelet Rich Plasma And Platelet Rich Fibrin Combined With Bone Graft In Regeneration Of Bone In Peri-Implant Defects – A Qualitative And Quantitative Study Using Cone Beam Computed Tomography.
- Evaluation Of Anxiety Induced Cardio-Vascular Response In Known Hypertensive Patients Undergoing Exodontias – A Prospective Study.
Ongoing Post Doctoroal (PhD) Research Projects:
- Psychological Sequelae of Facial Injuries (Doctoral Research Work) – Dr.Prashanth N T (Research Scholar)
- Analysis of Stress and Energy Fields in Craniofacial Fractures Using Different Fixative Techniques – A Finite Element Approach (Doctoral Research Work) - Dr.Shobha E S (Research Scholar)