Our research is conducted in an interdisciplinary setting through our strengths in Education Research in Dental & Related Health Sciences, Growth Development and Regeneration, Oral Health & Disease Pathology and advances our scientific knowledge of craniofacial health and its implications on systemic disease. The specific aims of our research and benchmark achievements are highlighted in the following section.
RESEARCH PROJECTS COMPLETED
- Lasers in periodontics
- Evaluation of Glutathione level in gingival crevicular fluid in periodontal health, in chronic periodontitis and after non surgical periodontal therapy – a clinico-biochemical study.
- Tissue engineering in Periodontics
- Biomechanical stresses generated in the periodontal ligament during secondary trauma from occlusion : a three dimensional finite element study
- Genetics in periodontics
- Microsurgery in periodontics
- Anti-inflammatory cytokines in periodontitis.
- Applications of PCR in Periodontics.
- Identification of Eikenellacorrodens in periodontal health and disease by culture and Polymerase Chain Reaction techniques.
- Comparative evaluation of gingival fibroblast apoptosis in patients with chronic periodontitis and chronic periodontitis with type-2 Diabetes Mellitus – an immunohistochemical study.
RESEARCH PROJECTS IN PROGRESS
- Evaluation of 5% curcumin local drug delivery gel in the management of chronic periodontitis: a randomized controlled clinical trial
- Comparative evaluation of presence of herpes viruses in chronic periodontitis patients with and without generalized anxiety disorder – a clinico-microbial study.
- Salivary biomarkers for periodontal disease.
- Effect of Hyaluronan gel on the levels of neutrophil elastase in the gingival crevicular fluid of chronic periodontitis patients: a clinico-biochemical study.
- Implant survival in medically and periodontally compromised patients.
- Evaluation of salivary cortisol levels and peripheral blood neutrophil functions in healthy individuals and chronic periodontitis patients with and without stress: a clinico-biochemical study.
- Aggressive periodontitis
- Immediate dental implants.
- Evaluation of glutathione level in gingival crevicular fluid in periodontal health, in chronic periodontitis and after non surgical periodontal therapy- A clinical biochemical study.
- Biomechanical stresses generated in the periodontal ligament during secondary trauma from occlusion. A three dimensional finite element study.
- Identification of Eikenellacorrodens in periodontal health and disease by culture and polymerase chain reaction technique.
- Comparative evaluation of gingival fibroblasts apoptosis in patients with chronic periodontitis and chronic periodontitis with Type II diabetes mellitus- An immuno histochemical study
- Evaluation of 5% curcumin local drug delivery gel in the management of chronic periodontitis. A randomized control clinical trial.
- Comparative evaluation of presence of herpes virus in chronic periodontitis patients with and without generalized anxiety disorder. A clinical microbial study.
- “Comparative evaluation of macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha in saliva and GCF in chronic and aggressive periodontitis patients” – A clinic-biochemical study.
- “Comparative evaluation of desensitizing tooth paste containing 5% Calcium sodium phosphosilicate and 8% Arginine calcium carbonate on dentine tubule occlusion and permeability- An in-vitro study.
PRESENTATION BY THE STAFF
- ‘Myths and facts in Periodontics’- At Dayanandasagar College of Dental Sciences- CDE Program- Perio Update - July 13th 2007 by Dr. Harsha M. B
- Relationship of stress and chronic periodontitis” at 36th national ISP conference held at Ahmadabad, Gujarat on 15th & 16th October, 2011 by Dr. Savita A.M
- “Periodontal considerations for general dental practitioners” a CDE programme held on 7th May, 2012 at hotel silver sky, Gonicoppal, Coorg by Dr. Harsha M.B
- “A randomized clinical trial of autologous platelet-rich plasma in the treatment of mandibular degree II furcation defects at ICDRO world congress from 13th -15th September 2012 by Dr. Sujatha Pai. B
- ‘Patient Motivation for Oral Hygiene’ at the CDE program conducted by Bangalore Academy of Periodontology, on the occasion of Oral Hygiene Day celebrations, at DAPM RV Dental College, Bangalore, on 1st August 2013 by Dr. Harsha M. B.