Imparting Appropriate, Latest, Sustainable, Value Based Automobile Engineering Education through Research and Innovation beneficial to the Society at large.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1: The students will be able to apply the engineering fundamentals in using application software to design and Analyse Automotive Engine components, Vehicle chassis, Suspension and Drive train.
- PSO 2: The students will be able to work in interdisciplinary environment to design systems in line with the present emission norms, Safety standards and emerging fields like alternate fuels, fuel cells, electric and hybrid vehicles.
Program Education Objectives
- PEO 1: An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to identify, formulate and solve problems in technologically challenging Automotive field which has evolved highly interdisciplinary with.
- PEO 2: An experience of working on live projects in design, modeling and analysis of Automotive systems and its components using Engineering application software and to service the recent models of Automobiles using the latest Diagnostic tools.
- PEO 3: An Awareness on contemporary areas of socio-technological issues like energy crisis, automotive safety, pollution, hybrid automobiles, formal practices of human resources and industrial relations in order to achieve professional development.
- PEO 4: Proficiency in spoken English to actively participate in team meetings to plan, organize, propose ideas in a multicultural environment and also be able to communicate effectively through proficient writing skills.
- PEO 5: Sound knowledge and will be able to upgrade, refine through professional experience, higher studies or research.
From the HOD's Desk:
The Automobile Engineering course is a four year (Eight Semesters) professional program. Automobile Engineering is an exciting option available for graduate level study and is an allied branch of Mechanical Engineering with common subjects in the first four semesters.
Automobile Engineering involves the understanding of the mechanics of vehicle chassis, internal combustion engine, electrical and electronic systems and motor transport, workshop technology, research and design, computer aided design and development, manufacturing and maintenance of automobile components etc.
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Automobile Engineering.