To develop the School of Architecture into an internationally acclaimed centre for Habitat studies that will provide professionals who will design sustainable living spaces for the society.
To develop the School of Architecture into a vibrant and creative learning centre for design studies by providing qualified faculty and excellent infrastructure leading to research and development activities.
Program Specific Outcomes
- conceptualize architectural design, addressing social, cultural, environmental and technological aspects of the built environment.
- apply creative problem solving skills to architectural problem solving.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of architectural history, theory, and practice in the solution of architectural design problems in a global society.
- employ freehand drawing, architectural graphics, and model building skills in the solution of design problems.
- utilize the computer as a tool in a wide range of documentation and presentation applications.
- apply communication skills, both visual and verbal, at various stages of the architectural design and project delivery processes.
- An ability to employ architectural research methods including data collection and analysis to assess and propose improvements in existing built environments to work collaboratively with various interdisciplinary design teams involved in the building industry.
The objectives of the Bachelor of Architecture program are translated into a number of learning outcomes which are directly related to the profession of architecture, the way in which it is practiced, and the knowledge components necessary for such a practice. Successful students shall be competent in the following areas and display an ability to:
Program Education Objectives
- PEO 1: prepare graduates for entry into architecture profession .
- PEO 2: prepare graduates to apply problem-solving, communication, and reasoning skills, and to have an understanding of economic issues associated with the application of technology in contemporary society.
- PEO 3: Provide a broad-based education that extends beyond the bounds of creative, communicative and technical competence.
From the HOD's Desk:
The school’s past successes and rich tradition lay an excellent foundation enabling us to move forward and to embrace change. It is my hope that you will join me as we continue to push architectural boundaries and design technologies, strengthening ties in the profession and in society.
The creation of architecture requires passion, intelligence and skill. The school’s design-oriented programmes stress the skilful manipulation of form, the rigorous development of process and a real-world, problem-solving attitude that takes inspiration from the broad body of professional and societal knowledge necessary to practice in the contemporary world.
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
Ph.D. In Architecture