Vision of the Department
To establish Chemical Engineering department as a center of excellence to impart quality education through research, innovation, professional ethics & develop sustainable technologies for the benefit of society.
Mission of the Department
- To inculcate creativity in students to innovate, experiment and design sustainable technology systems.
- To groom young professionals with skills and ethics to meet global/regional industrial needs.
- To imbibe teamwork and leadership qualities to develop entrepreneurs of next generation.
From the HOD's Desk:
Department of Chemical Engineering is one of the old Departments in DSCE, started in year 1982 with 30 intake, increased to 60 in 2007. Also M.Tech was started in the same year.
Department is accredited twice by NBA, once for 5 years. Department is recognized research center under VTU to pursue M.Sc. (Engg by Res) and PhD. It has well established laboratories.
Department has well qualified both, experienced and young faculty who have graduated from reputed institutions like NITK. The faculty as well as students take pride themselves in continually evolving in to well-rounded personalities.
UG Program: Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Chemical Engineering (CH).
PG Program: M.Tech Programme in Chemical Engineering (HCE)
Research Programs:M.Sc (Engg.) by research program, Ph.D. ProgramRead More
Highlights Of The Department
- Grant received from VTU-VGST (Visvesvaraya Technological University - Vision Group on Science and Technology).
Chemical Engineering Association Inauguration:
Department of Chemical Engineering inaugurated Chemical Engineering Association was on 5th October, 2016.Read More
- Our faculty actively pursue work in professional practice, research and service projects, and participation in publications, and presentations of papers at professional meetings. The results of participation in these activities have contributed.
- Graduate will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to design equipments and process as per needs.
- Graduates will be able to understand thermodynamics properties and heat transfer rates.
- Graduates will be able to identify, design environmentally benign techniques.
- Graduates will be able to understand mass transfer, reaction techniques in processes.
- Graduate will demonstrate skills to use modern engineering tools, software’s and equipment to analyze problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduate will show the understanding of impact of engineering solutions on the society and also will be aware of contemporary issues.
- Graduate will develop confidence for self education and ability for life-long learning.
- PEO-1: Able to analyze and solve complex process engineering problems of industrial importance by acquiring strong fundamental knowledge of science and engineering.
- PEO -2: Professional in engineering practice and socially responsible.
- PEO-3: Able to exhibit sound communication skills, leadership qualities and develop into successful entrepreneurs.
- PEO-4: Able to pursue higher education and involve in research activities through the process of lifelong learning.