Vision of the Department
To be a competent Physics department which addresses Global challenges emphasizing on development of a sustainable and inclusive technoloygy.
Mission of the Department
- To train students on Principles and Techniques in Physics
- To give hands on experience on various experiments and measuring instruments.
- To support students in uderstanding the importance of sustainable and inclusive technology and to gain knowledge in interdisciplinary areas of Science and Technology.
From the HOD's Desk:
Engineering Physics department is one of the oldest departments at DSI and the faculties are experts in the fields of physics and nanotechnology and are leaders in a broad range of physics research, utilizing facilities and technologies that are continually being modified and improved.
Our department was established in 1979, and since then, we have grown into a strong and vibrant department with eminent faculty vigorously pursuing world-class research. Our students have access to state-of-the-art teaching laboratories and are involved in innovative research projects in our research labs.Read More
- Students can understand the importance of Physics in the practical applications.
- Students gain knowledge in various techniques and working principles related to devices or components.
- Students get an understanding of the characteristics of various types of materials.
- Students will be able to demonstrate an ability to visualize and work in the Physics laboratory and multidisciplinary tasks.
- Preparation: To support the engineering students to develop a scientific attitude in their professional advancement with a basic knowledge in the developments in Science and Technology.
- Core Competence: To impart basic knowledge in Science and Technology and to create a scientific temper in approaching a problem.
- Breadth: To support the students in gaining knowledge in various principles of Science and Engineering and to train the students in using various scientific measuring equipments.
- Professionalism:To train the students to acquire skills in various principles and equipments in the field of Science and technology.
- Learning Environment: To provide the students for a professional learning environment to progress themselves to serve the society with a professional manner following the ethics.