Vision of the Department
Imparting Appropriate, Latest, Sustainable, Value Based Automobile Engineering Education through Research and Innovation beneficial to the Society at large.
Mission of the Department
- To impart Scientific Knowledge and Engineering Skills in the area of Automobile Engineering.
- To inculcate a passion for Automobile Engineering amongst students by providing hands on training of service and repair in Automotives using latest Diagnostic Tools and Equipments enhancing Employability.
- To Encourage Interdisciplinary Learning for efficient design of Automotive components by conducting competitive technical activities.
- To promote Social and Environmental responsibility by Research and Innovation through collaborations.
From the HOD's Desk:
The Automobile Engineering course is a four year (Eight Semesters) professional program. Automobile Engineering is an exciting option available for graduate level study and is an allied branch of Mechanical Engineering with common subjects in the first four semesters.
Automobile Engineering involves the understanding of the mechanics of vehicle chassis, internal combustion engine, electrical and electronic systems and motor transport, workshop technology, research and design, computer aided design and development, manufacturing and maintenance of automobile components etc.Read More
UG Program: Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Automobile Enginerineg.
Doctoral program: Ph.DRead More
Highlights Of The Department
- Automobile Engineering students of batch 2011-2015, have secured Five VTU Ranks. This is the third consecutive batch bagging the Gold medal.
News and Events
FRESHER’S DAY 2016 FOR 1ST YEAR STUDENTS:
Fresher’s day was conducted on Saturday 20th August 2016 to welcome the new batch of first year Automobile students (2016-17 batch).Read More
- Our faculty actively pursue work in professional practice, research and service projects, and participation in publications, and presentations of papers at professional meetings. The results of participation in these activities have contributed.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply mathematical skills appropriate to the AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING discipline and shall demonstrate an understanding of various mechanisms involved in the design and manufacturing of Automobile allied products.
- Demonstrate proficiency in design, production and testing of Automobile.
- Demonstrate an ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs or within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- Be able to work effectively on an multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the principles and practices for automobile software and simulation design and development to real problems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the professional and ethical consideration in automobile industry.
- Be able to effectively communicate orally and in written form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the impact of engineering solution in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and capabilities necessary for pursuing a professional career or graduate studies and recognize the need for and show ability for continuing professional development.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues,and
- Demonstrate an understanding of emergent technologies and a working knowledge of currently available AUTOMOBILE products.
Graduating students from Automobile Engineering will have :
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to identify, formulate and solve problems in technologically challenging Automotive field which has evolved highly interdisciplinary with.
- An experience of working on live projects in design, modeling and analysis of Automotive systems and its components using Engineering application software and to service the recent models of Automobiles using the latest Diagnostic tools.
- An Awareness on contemporary areas of socio-technological issues like energy crisis, automotive safety, pollution, hybrid automobiles, formal practices of human resources and industrial relations in order to achieve professional development.
- Proficiency in spoken English to actively participate in team meetings to plan, organize, propose ideas in a multicultural environment and also be able to communicate effectively through proficient writing skills.
- Solid knowledge foundation and will be able to upgrade, refine his knowledge through professional experience, higher studies or research.