Vision of the Department
To be a role model to serve the Nation’s needs by encouraging the study of Chemistry as a means for improving the condition of mankind by ameliorating his environment.
Mission of the Department
- To adopt the best pedagogical methods in order to maximize knowledge transfer.
- To have adequate mechanisms to enhance understanding of Implementation of theoretical concepts in practical scenarios
- To carry out high quality research leading to the creation of knowledge and of intellectual property.
- To provide the best facility, infrastructure, and environment to its students, researchers and faculty members.
- To impart professional ethics and an approach towards inter- disciplinary thinking by providing them with educational and research opportunities between Chemistry and other fields of study.
From the HOD's Desk:
Department of Engineering Chemistry at DSCE was established in the year 1979 as a supportive department for first year BE course and second year Chemical Engineering course. It is one of the oldest department which includes a VTU research center. The department constitutes highly experienced faculty who have been serving for years. Six faculty members hold doctorates from reputed Universities across India and some of them have post-doctoral research experience in abroad. Five faculties are pursuing research in multi-disciplinary areas. Several research proposals have been sent to funding agencies like DST, CSIR and VGST. The Chemistry division actively focuses its research activities on material science, synthetic organic chemistry, bio-inorganic chemistry, electrochemistry, batteries, catalysis, polymer nano-composites and lubricants. The department holds many publications in peer-reviewed international journals with high impact factor. Our department provides outstanding teaching combined with many opportunities to become involved and excel in academics and research.
Dr. K. S. Anantha Raju
Associate Professor & HOD
- The Department offers Engineering Chemistry in Theory and Lab for the First Year BE students and Technical Chemistry for Second Year students of Chemical Engineering.
Highlights Of The Department
- One of the faculties holds the credit for his 8 papers being cited in ACS, chemical review papers with impact factor 37.36.
- Transfer of a VGST grant of Rs. 60 lakhs to the department is in process.