Construction Technology Management and Highway Technology
Vision of the Department
The vision of department of construction technology management is to be a world-class source of civil, construction and project management engineers and their concepts and technologies.
Mission of the Department
- Promotes intellectual, social, and ethical development of civil and construction engineers.
- Department of construction technology management creates and communicates engineering concepts and technology.
- Shall engage in economically viable research, development and innovation, providing state-of-the-art solutions to problems of industries and communities.
From the HOD's Desk:
Greetings from the Department of Construction Technology Management & Highway Technology at Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering.
The Students of CTM, apart from learning civil engineering designs, constructions, and infrastructures while taking care of environmental and public health, as well as refining existing buildings that have been neglected. Construction engineering personal will also deal with the on-site management of infrastructures like airports, buildings, highways, railroads, bridges, utilities, and dams. The syllabus framed is according to the requirements of the construction industry. Students will be gaining knowledge that is dealt by the industry on a daily basis. They are exposed to the various construction management aspects like project management, quality management, contracts management, equipment management, financial management and construction economics.Read More
UG Program: Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Construction Technology Management.
PG Program: Master of Technology(M.Tech) in Highway TechnologyRead More
Highlights Of The Department
- Stabilization of Black Cotton Soil using Geopolymers and Flyash project completed.
- Our faculty actively pursue work in professional practice, research and service projects, and participation in publications, and presentations of papers at professional meetings. The results of participation in these activities have contributed.
- Department of CTM had organized its second Alumni Meet on Saturday 21st March 2015 at 10:00 A.M
DSI has the elite placement cell to ensure that all their students get placed in reputed companies based on their performance.
Graduates of the Construction Technology Management program exhibit the following capabilities:
- To appropriate, select and apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of the discipline of Construction Management and Engineering Technologies;
- To appraise emerging applications in Construction Management and Engineering and address sustainability issues that require the use of principles, procedures or methodologies;
- To conduct standard tests and measurements, analyze and interpret experiments and improve processes;
- To design building systems, components, or processes in the broad area of Construction Technology Management appropriate to program objectives;
- To function effectively as an individual and also in a technical task force;
- To identify, analyze, and solve on the broadly-defined Construction Technology Management outline;
- An ability to interpret written, oral, and graphical communication in both technical and nontechnical environments & an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
- A self directed motive to engage in continuous professional development;
- Full understanding of the industry diversity and a commitment to address ethical responsibilities;
- Gaining knowledge on the impact of engineering technology solutions in a societal and global context;
- A commitment to quality, timelines and continuous improvement.
Three to five years after graduation, graduates of the civil and construction engineering programs will have
- Solve qualitative and quantitative issues in engineering design, estimating, planning, scheduling and project management using mathematical, analytical, and scientific skills of engineering technology.
- Realization of the importance of working in teams & effective communication in all forms.
- Establish a career & professional growth by actively interacting with local practitioners & construction subsidiaries.
- Continue life-long personal growth in sensitivity to ethical responsibilities, sustainable environments, and associated communities.