To meet the challenging needs of society by innovation, problem solving and to develop an exciting and supportive learning environment that transforms our students and inspires them to make a real difference in their career and society.
The department Vision - Mission statements are formulated in accordance with the goals and objectives of the department keeping Institutional goals and objectives under consideration.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Education Objectives
- PEO 1: Graduates will have the ability to apply the knowledge of Electrical & Electronics Engineering to excel in their career path.
- PEO 2:Graduates will be confident to work in flexible and diverse professional fields.
- PEO 3:Graduates will have commitment and awareness to thrive in their ethical and social responsibilities.
- PEO 4:Graduates will have the ability to pursue higher education, research and will be engaged in life-long learning processes.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO-1: The students will be able to apply the knowledge of mathematics, and applied science principles to solve diverse problems in the field of Power systems and Control of Electric Drives catering to Industrial, Research, Service and allied areas.
- PSO-2: The students would be competent in identifying, analyzing and exhibiting the skills in providing solutions to problems related to control electronic systems using various modern tools.
- PSO-3: The students will be able to demonstrate proficiency in applying the knowledge of project management to design different electrical and electronic systems as per specified standards.
Teaching,Learning Process at EEE Department
Videos Of Pactical Lab ExperimentsThe department of EEE is has a bank of videos related to lab experiments which can be viewed by the students to get more acquainted with the experiments. The labs are also equipped with additional experiments apart from the curriculum for knowledge enhancement of students.
Online & Offline Technical QuizzesThe department of EEE is continually engaged in conducting technical quizzes for students as an alternative method to assess the learning abilities of its students
Skill Enhancement Course ModulesThe department of EEE has developed course modules and material related to power electronics, Opamps& linear ICs and Logic design using simulation tools for the students to have hands on experience on the related concepts.
Mini Project & Poster PresentationThe faculty of the department encourages and guides the students in developing mini projects related to their interested topics in the curriculum. The students can also carry out poster presentation on their choice of technical topics.
Physical Demonstration and Explanation of Electrical ApparatusThe department of EEE is keen in enhancing the student’s awareness towards practical concepts of the program and in this regard efforts are taken by the faculty to demonstrate and explain the significance of various electrical apparatus used in day today life.
Guidelines for Electrical Drawing and Layout PreparationThe students are made to acquaint with the importance of electrical drawings and electrical layouts using software tools.
Lab-View Based Visual Learning of Basic Electrical Engineering ConceptsThe students of EEE Dept. are facilitated in learning the basic electrical engineering concepts in a visualized way using lab view based animations.
NPTEL Videos, Lecture Videos & PPTSThe faculty of the department has adopted the practice of using presentation slides and videos wherever necessary in their course deliverable. The department library is also equipped with a bank of NPTEL lecture videos related to the program for the access of students.
From the HOD's Desk:
It gives me immense pride and pleasure to lead the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department of this esteemed and prestigious institution of this country. The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) is one of the major and principle departments of Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering since its inception in 1979. The Department is well respected, recognized and was accredited twice by AICTE, NBA-New Delhi. The department is permanently affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU).
Dr. K.Shanmukha Sundar
Professor and Head,
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Four years)
M.Tech Programme in in power Electronics (Two years)