To develop the department as one of the finest, competitive with International Standards in the field of Aerospace Engineering to provide human resource of high technical calibre and excellent leadership qualities to serve the national needs.
Program Specific Outcomes
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand theimpact ofengineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning, .
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Program Education Objectives
- PEO 1: The graduates of the Program will be Successful professionals as aerospace engineers, team leaders in aerospace domain and allied industries.
- PEO 2: The graduates of the Program will have successful technical career in national defence sector.
- PEO 3: Graduates of the program will have higher education and would work on continuous professional development in the field of aerospace domain.
- PEO 4: Graduates of the program will be more ethical and will be socially responsible and will have concern to demanding environmental issues.
From the HOD's Desk:
The Department of Aeronautical Engineering established in Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering in the Year 2009. The department has equipped with the best infrastructure and state – of – the – art modern high tech laboratory facilities such as; Aircraft Propulsion Lab., Energy Conversion Lab., Aerodynamics Lab.(Low Speed Wind Tunnel Facility), Aircraft Structures Lab., Aircraft Simulation Lab. and Design, Modelling and Analysis Lab. (equipped with licensed software viz. NASTRAN/PATRAN, ANSYS V4, CATIA V6 and MATLAB) catering to B.E. Aeronautical Engineering curriculum as well as to undertake Research activities.
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Aeronautical Engineering (AE).