To produce technically and ethically qualified Civil Engineering graduates committed for the sustainable development of the society.
The department Vision - Mission statements are formulated in accordance with the goals and objectives of the department keeping Institutional goals and objectives under consideration.
- PO 1:Student should practice Civil Engineering using up-to-date techniques, skills and tools as a result of life-long learning.
- PO 2: Student should identify, analyze, formulate and use the appropriate computing techniques in Civil Engineering for obtaining solutions of varying complexities.
- PO 3:Student should design, implement and evaluate practical problems to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, health, safety and sustainability.
- PO 4:Student should design a system or component to satisfy the code requirements in Civil Engineering.
- PO 5:Student should pursue postgraduate studies in reputed universities and to face competitive examinations that offer challenging and rewarding careers at global level.
- PO 6:Student should have an understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and oral.
Program Education Objectives
- PEO 1:Students should gain the ability to identify, analyze, formulate and solve different challenges of Civil Engineering problems.
- PEO 2:Students will develop good communication skills and should be able to convey their ideas clearly.
- PEO 3:Students should develop mathematical skills, scientific basics and fundamental knowledge of Civil Engineering.
- PEO 4:To produce graduates with professional ethics who are prepared for life-long learning to update their knowledge.
- PEO 5: Students should develop an understanding of the multidisciplinary approach and ability to relate engineering issues to broader social and human context, in which their engineering contributions will be utilized.
- PEO 5:Students should develop professional skills that help them for immediate employment and higher studies.
From the HOD's Desk:
Civil Engineering is a broad field of engineering which involves planning Design, construction maintenance and management of structures or public works.
Civil Engineering deals with construction and maintenance of buildings, bridges, roads, railways, structures, water supply & sewer, Irrigation, power & environment. Alternate Building materials, Green buildings, structural health monitoring, safety and fire practices are the recent developments and the most sought after topics in branch
Civil Engineering Department of DSCE aims at developing analytical and experimental skills in students to apply in various fields of Civil Engineering.
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Civil Engineering (CV).