To Prepare Mechanical Engineers having technical competency and managerial skills driven by human values and ignite the young minds capable of addressing ever-changing global issues by research and innovation.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO 1:Graduates will be able to apply basic science, mathematics and engineering knowledge to conceptualize, model, design and manufacture physical systems and processes.
- PSO 2: Graduates will be able to utilize the knowledge of advanced engineering tools in design & thermal engineering domain.
- PSO 3:Graduates will be able to lead professionally in an industrial environment by applying the management principles related to organizational planning, leadership, research, production and service activities.
Program Education Objectives
- PEO 1: Graduates shall exhibit the Knowledge and Competency for successful career in Mechanical Engineering and pursue higher studies.
- PEO 2:Graduates shall exhibit the necessary skills and manage to interact in the field of profession with different Cross Functional Groups.
- PEO 3: Graduates shall demonstrate their Engineering Profession by adopting Ethical and Professional practices.
- PEO 4: Graduates shall engage in Professional society interaction, training and research to enable Life Long Learning.
From the HOD's Desk:
The Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, was started in the year 1979. Our department offers undergraduate and Post Graduate courses in Mechanical Engineering with the present intake of 180 students and 36 students respectively. Both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students are getting ranks consistently at the University Level and the Department has the excellent Placement record with the students getting placed in reputed core industries as well as IT sectors. Our students have won awards at various technical events, conferences and symposiums held at prestigious institutions. The Department has dedicated and experienced faculty team with more than twelve PhDs, driving the department towards excellence in academics as well as R & D activities.
Dr. Keshavamurthy R
Professor & HOD,
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Mechanical Engineering
M.Tech Programme in Computer Integrated Manufacturing(CIM) and Design Engineering.