Vision of the Department
To build a world-class center of progressive learning, applied & translational research through inventive collaborations and sustainable solutions to address healthcare related societal challenges.
Mission of the Department
- To achieve globally relevant healthcare solutions through high quality education and research
- To impart education in the path of ethical and social responsibilities, to work effectively with diverse groups for the benefit of the society
- To create a conducive atmosphere for continuous learning through increased participation of students and faculty in various academic activities.
From the HOD's Desk:
Department of Medical Electronics has been playing a vital role in producing technologists of leading talents ever since it was established in the year 1996. The Department has applied engineering principles to address medical and biological problems. Over the years the Department has become one of the best Departments in the university.
Department is located next to Sagar Hospital. It offers a centralized venue for engineers and clinicians to work together, to coordinate expertise, discoveries and best practices to enhance the diagnosis and treatment of a range of conditions. The DSI provides purpose built research laboratories, shared common support facilities, a core of securely funded staff, the latest equipments for research and development. The state of the art campus promote collaboration among medical, biological, physical scientists and engineers.Read More
UG Program: Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) Medical Electronics
PG Program: M. Tech in Biomedical Signal Processing and Instrumentation
Highlights of the Department
- Mr. Sachin Anchan, alumnus of the Department is an entrepreneur and co-founder of Geek Synergy who has been featured and felicitated by various organizations for his innovation ‘Air Paper’.
News and Events
PROJECT BASED LEARNING TRAINING PROGRAM ON ARDUINO MICROCONTROLLER:
A two day training program on project based learning using Arduino micro-controller was organized by the Department of Medical Electronics, Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Kumaraswamy Layout, Bengaluru in association with Tenet Technetronics, Bengaluru.
- Our faculty actively pursue work in professional practice, research and service projects, and participation in publications, and presentations of papers at professional meetings. The results of participation in these activities have contributed.
Mathematics & Basic Sciences
- The study of Mathematics and basic sciences facilitates the students to take up their careers in various engineering and science disciplines. Study of Mathematics also plays a major role in influencing the student to pursue higher studies by formulating real world problems using mathematical equations.
Basic Engineering Courses
- Basic Engineering courses form the foundation stone in building a successful career in a global environment. These courses range from studying the design of basic instruments and circuits, stability analysis of systems, and operations on signals to studying about the maintenance of professional ethics and conserving the environment. The students would be able to learn to work in diversified conditions while maintaining an ethical responsibility
- The professional core subjects form the heart of the Medical Electronics programme. Along with learning about the physiology and physics of the human body, the students learn to design biomedical instruments and acquire signals and images from the body and process them. Hospital visits and internships provide a very good practical exposure about the latest issues and trends in biomedical engineering. The design experiences in communication, DSP and Medical Electronics laboratories have proven to be very useful for students pursuing higher studies and to those taking up careers in Biomedical industries.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- PEO1 - Graduates shall have successful careers in medical electronics engineering, lead & manage teams.
- PEO2 -Graduates shall be professional in engineering practice and socially responsible.
- PEO3- Graduates shall be pursuing advanced education, research and engage in the process of life-long learning.
- PEO4 – Graduates shall have successful career in healthcare solutions & emerge as an entrepreneurs to serve the society.