PHILOSOPHY AND OBJECTIVES OF COLLEGE OF NURSING
- To be a centre of excellence in education, research & training and to produce human resources of exceptional leadership quality to serve national needs.
- To achieve our objectives in an environment that enhances creativity, innovation and scholarly pursuits within the stated values.
- It is consistence with the goal and mission of the RGUHS and Indian nursing council. Nursing is an autonomous profession with its own domain different from other health care profession with which it functions in a collaborative mode. Faculty believes that college of nursing is a community of scholars and practice nurse dedicated to the enhancement of women well being through education of Inquisitive students creative innovation in the practice and development and dissemination of research.
- Health is a state of physical, mental, social and spiritual well being and not merely of an absence of diseases or infirmity. Faculty believes that scope of the nursing encompasses provision of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative aspects to the care to the people across their life span in wide variety of health care setting. Faculty believes that goal of professional nursing is to maximize health and quality of the life from the person perspective and is based on value of the caring and aims to help the individual to attain independence in self care. The Excellency in nursing is exhibited in practice that demonstrates the caring, commitment, compassion for the dignity and well being of all the people and endures to the profession and ethical standards. We recognize that nursing education has to be in harmony with the environment that is according to the expectance principles of nursing. Faculty believes that the educational process facilities continuing personnel and profession growth which contributes to the nursing profession that enhance the bridge the gap between theory and practice .This persue of knowledge and wisdom is the responsibility of both faculty and student which will mould the future nurses.
- To establish the institution as a premier center for excellence in nursing education.
- To provide an atmosphere and opportunities for students to become excellent nurses who are self oriented, motivated and responsible citizens.
The department of Nursing-RGUHS was started in the year 2002 has crossed the milestones of one decade in the journey of excellence in education. The programme brings to focus the necessity to equip and canalize the knowledge, attitude and skills of the students effectively and efficiently to provide quality care to meet the needs of human kind. Students are exposed to challenging opportunities for rewarding career and suitable positions globally. The B.Sc Nursing (Basic) & P.C. B.Sc Nursing (Post Certificate B.Sc Nursing) Program; designed on contemporary theory and practice, provides a strong conceptual foundation to the aspiring university graduate Nurses, rewarding positions and career opportunities in the field of Nursing. This program demands intellectual maturity, strength of purpose, willingness and devotion to serve mankind. The M.Sc Nursing Program prepares Nurses for Leadership position in Nursing and health field to function as specialist Nurse Practitioners, Consultants, Educationists, Administrators and Investigators in a wide variety of professional setting in meeting the national priorities and the changing needs of the society. The College provides qualified and experienced faculty and specialized external lecturers to impart quality education in developing skills and facilitate them for quality practice. The program encompasses packages of liberal education (like Yoga, Fine Arts and Computer Science), educational tours and visits to different educational Institutions of the country and Health Agencies in National and International levels to widen their knowledge and experience.