Department of Pharmaceutical analysis is a central part of all the departments. It is one of the most expensive laboratories in terms of the cost of instruments. This department is responsible for imparting knowledge in the field of modern instrumental techniques for B.Pharm, Pharm.D and all branches of M.Pharm.
The laboratory is equipped with indigenous as well as imported analytical instruments. It has a wide range of instruments for spectroscopic, analytical and chromatographic analysis of drugs and other products. The department is equipped with conventional instruments like Digital Balances, Spectrophotometer, spectrofluorimetry, Flame Photometer, Nephelo Turbidimeter, Conductivity meter, Potentiometry, KF tirator and pH meter. Several advanced instruments like FT- IR Spectrometer, High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and Gas Chromatography (GC) are also available in the department.
The activities of the department other than the regular classes for under graduate and post graduate courses include the following:
- Development of analytical methods for newer drugs using HPLC, Spectrophotometer, FT – IR and various titrimetric methods.
- Developing newer analytical method for drugs in formulations.
To upgrade the knowledge of students and staff, the department is involved in conducting sponsored national seminars on various topics.
B.Pharm and M.Pharm graduates have job opportunities in the following fields
- Research and development in industries/research labs
- As analysts in analytical labs
- Sales and marketing
- Clinical research
- Pharmaceutical, Herbal and Biotech industries
- Regulatory affairs
- Intellectual property rights (IPR)
- Consultants in life insurance companies
- Government owned hospitals, pharmacies and drug testing labs
Opportunities for Pharm.D students
- Patient counselors in private and government hospitals
- Health care industry
- Clinical research organization
- Data management and medical writing
- Clinical pharmacist in hospitals
- Regulatory affairs and clinical data managemen