DSCP started M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Chemistry in the year 2007-08. The department is actively involved in the following research activities.
- Synthesis of Heteroaryl nucleus and screening for their possible anticancer activity.
- Synthesis of the new molecules by using green chemistry.
- Synthesis of novel organic molecules as potent anticancer, antiinflammatory, antihistaminic, Antitubercular drugs.
- Bioconversion of drug intermediates as stereo specific molecules.
- Study of polymorphic forms of drug molecules.
- Isolation and characterization of chemical constituents from medicinal plants and evaluation of pharmacological activity.
The department is actively involved in publishing the research papers in National / International journals and National / International conferences.
The department has received research grants from RGUHS to pursue research activities.
Sponsored national seminars/workshops and faculty development programs are organized on a regular basis to upgrade the knowledge of students and staff.