HOD's Name : Prof. Hemanth Uppala | ✉ : [email protected] | ☎ : 080-42161737 / 9980837449
The Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a 3-year (6 semesters) undergraduate program affiliated to Bangalore University and Recognized by the Government of Karnataka. It caters to students with specific interests in computer science and information technology with computer science courses as the core and a wide range of electives.The course creates highly skilled, adaptable graduates who are able to design computer-based solutions to address information management and processing complications in industry, commerce, science, entertainment and the public sector.
Fast growing information technology and communication systems have become critical components of almost every company's plan. The companies which want to leverage on the new information technologies and communication systems require expert professionals, who can apply computer science principles to solve problems produced by the interface between business and technology.
BCA Course is an undergraduate program where students are exposed to various areas of computer applications including the latest developments in the industry. Designed to bridge the gap between IT industries and institutes by incorporating the latest developments into the curriculum, the department has an outstanding group of committed and result oriented faculty members, sophisticated computer labs and Wi-Fi enabled environment. The library with its prescribed books and Digital Library helps students to update themselves with the recent trends in the industry.
Additionally, the sports facilities, and Centre of excellence such as CIL and CEFL programmes creates an environment of fun and learning. The Placement cell provides pre-placement training and recruitments and opens doors to a wider range of professional opportunities in the computing industry.
The department participates in a series of cultural events such as Dhyuthi –a cultural event, NENAPU-an inter-college competition, Swatharang, Food fest, Ethnic day celebration, sports events and many more, with students participating in inter-college competitions.
Course Outcomes (COs):
- The curriculum prepares students for a career in software industry by equipping the students with the latest revolution in technology.
- The program aims to educate students in Computer Science and Information Technology with emphasis on hands-on practical training in software development.
- Creates the ability to design a computer application by considering realistic constraints such as safety, security and applicability
- Prepares the students to work professionally pertaining to ethics, social, cultural and cyber regulations.
Program Outcomes (POs):
- To work effectively both as an individual and a team leader on multi disciplinary projects.
- Inculcates the ability to analyze, identify, formulate and develop computer applications using modern computing tools and techniques.
- Improves communication skills so that they can effectively present technical information in oral and written reports
- Prepares to create design innovative methodologies for solving complex/ real life problems for the betterment of the society.
- To integrate ethics and values in designing computer application.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
- To prepare graduates who will have a successful professional career in software industry, government, academia, research, and other areas where computer applications are deployed .
- To become a software entrepreneur.
- To promote the use of open source technology.
- To prepare broadly educated, ethical and responsible citizens.