- Grant received from VTU-VGST to conduct Faculty Development Programme
VTU Rankholder In our Department
One more feather in the cap of our MCA department.Congratulations to Sushma P from 2016-17 batch on securing 9th rank in VTU.The head of the department, Dr. Poornima Natarajan and staff congratulated her for her achievement.
STUDENTS REPRESENTED DSCE AT INTERCOLLEGIATE TECHNICAL FEST INFOTSAV 2017
DATE: 28TH AND 29TH OCTOBER 2017
VENUE: Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
The students of 2nd year MCA participated in the Techno-cultural event Infotsav 2017 organized by Department of MCA, SJCE- Mysore on 28th and 29th October. A total of 12 students (Rangers team) participated and they successfully entered the final round in all events such as Tech secrets for Coding, Snapbyte, Cob spider for web development, Tangled, Gamotronics and Mad Ads. The students who participated in Mad Ads were the runners up and were given internship offers by SnipeIT Solutions and Elephanttree Technologies Pvt. Ltd.View the embedded image gallery online at:
Internship offer letters for the winning teamView the embedded image gallery online at:
STUDENT REPRESENTED DSCE AT VISMAY 2017
VENUE: Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology
DATE: 30th and 31st October 2017
First year students of MCA have been encouraged to participate at Intercollegiate Techno-cultural event VISMAY 2017 organized by Department of MCA at Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Technology. Two teams have succeeded in entering day 2 of the events. The outcome of the participation is yet to be known.
- Our students Ms. Bhavya A and Ms. Drakshayani Balikayi secured 3rd and 10th Rank at the University level examination in the year 2016. Every year students organize techno-cultural event “PRAGATI” to showcase their technical and co-curricular talents.
- Students have participated in various Technical and Cultural fests organized at reputed Institutions and have brought laurels to the Department.
Software Developed by MCA students
- Our students have developed E-Governance model for DSI.
Apps Developed @ MCA by students
- A real time application for Examination Management using Bar Code was developed and implemented.
- Service Tracking through RFID.
- The department effectively interacts with Industries.
- The department has an ISTE membership and conducts several activities under its umbrella
- The department hold the pride of being the member of The Board for IT Education Standards (BITES)