Sowing the seeds for self-employment & income generation
Dayananda Sagar institutions are producing large number of trained manpower, thus fulfilling the needs of the industry, R&D institutions and other sectors of economy. In order to make optimal use of facilities, expertise and know-how available in these institutions for the benefit of the society, it is necessary that appropriate links be established between them and the industry. In addition, young graduates are also looking out for opportunities to exploit their full potential by setting up their own ventures. This necessitates systematic interventions and new instruments, which could facilitate the development and growth of new ventures by fresh graduates. Thus, it is necessary to develop mechanisms so that we could focus our attention on entrepreneurship & self-employment.
Excellent infrastructure is available at our campus for promoting Entrepreneurship.Trained faculty and focused programs inculcate entrepreneurial spirit amongst the Science, Technology and management students.
Empowerment through Entrepreneurship
The Dayananda Sagar institutions, which are leaders in developing human resources, have now taken up to produce entrepreneurs on a continuous basis, who would be employment generators, there by accelerating the process of economic development and growth of our country.
With the increasing number of graduating students from the institutions, it is our social responsibility and concern to provide them alternate career options. Along with preparing them to be employable, it is also important to develop ‘Job creators’ than ‘Job seekers’. It is therefore necessary to motivate and train young students to take up self-employment. Hence there is a crucial need to promote Entrepreneurship among science, technology and management students. At DSI IEDC, we are undertaking this role of blending their technical inputs with entrepreneurial and managerial skills and train students for entrepreneurial challenges. Entrepreneurs are not only born, but also made.
All the students, Alumni, faculty & staff of institutions under DSI spread across the three campuses are welcome to participate in the IEDC activities.
- Patrons: Chairman, Vice-Chairman and Secretary
- Advisory board: An advisory board will be formed consisting of experts from academia, industries, professional societies, R&D institutions, Alumni and leading entrepreneurs. The advisory board meets every year and reviews policies, procedures and activities of the IEDC
- Managing Committee: Heads of institutions/ departments of various programs of three campuses under DSI form the managing committee. The managing committee will meet every three months and contribute in terms of student participation, faculty expertise for mentoring and extending lab facilities for incubates.
- Faculty in charge along with staff and student Coordinators at IEDC will monitor & execute the proposed activities.
To create, mentor & nurture entrepreneurs who in turn create employment opportunities, contribute for the economy of the society and nation at large.
Our Mission is to mentor students and start up entrepreneurs with brilliant minds in harvesting their ideas that revolutionize an industry or even create an industry.
In the year 2012 IEDC was established in DSI as an initiative to mentor innovative ideas from students and nurture them to become entrepreneurs.
IEDC is the brain child of the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India and is closely monitored by The National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB) in order to promote innovation and entrepreneurship among students in premier colleges which has the knowledge base and sufficient infrastructure.
DSI is one of the esteemed Host Institutions to have been selected as Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre.
- To expose the students to challenging industrial scenario and highlight the importance of entrepreneurs in the economic growth of the country.
- To induce the spirit of entrepreneurship among the students and also train them to improve their entrepreneurial and managerial competence & skills.
- Industry- institute interaction in the form of training and incubation.